Glenn speaks publicly about websites, design, social media, WordPress, activism and other fun stuff. Speaking engagements include:
- State of Design Festival
- Connecting Up Conference
- Melbourne WordPress Conference
- Melbourne WordPress Meetups
- Students of Sustainability Conference
- Common Ground festival
- PechuKucha Melbourne
- Swinburne Design Faculty
- Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE
- Box Hill TAFE
Contact Glenn to discuss Glenn speaking at your event, school or organisation.
Glenn Todd & Debbie Symons at Wordcamp Melbourne 2013. Video by melbournevideoproduction.com.au
Rather than talk about the power and ease of WordPress at the 2011 Connecting Up conference, Glenn built a website in front of the crowd in 45 minutes using free and open software. The entire installation including design, functionality and syncing with social media was performed live while Glenn tweeted the presentation steps. The result was a professional, fully functional website with all the bells and whistles including embed video, Google maps, Twitter and FaceBook integration. … and response from those in the audience:
- @SuncareInc #CU11 awesome work @glentodd. You are a machine. Great looking website, right on time. #CUWP
- @HelloBenTeoh @rdlltt Very impressive. @glentodd is a machine! #CU11
- @agirlcalledange what’s the amazing + inspirational @glentodd listening to while building site in 45min? #CU11 #CUWP
- #cuwp so impressive! On the fly!
- @gilesy46 #cuwp glen has an impressive website too…love mobile devices!
- @IanITguy #cuwp damn this guy moves fast even if txt is predone. Go guy!!
- @karalwrnc #CUWP is building a blog right before my eyes talk about a session showing you how it’s done #CU11 @digiheartANHLC
- @BrionyJane @glentodd Wicked wordpress building skills btw #CU11
- @jasonharlequin @glentodd sounds like you’ve whipped up a storm at #CU11, thanks for the links/resources
- @mrkgallagher @rdlltt @glentodd that’s awesome. Go WordPress! (and probably more importantly, go WP site owners and users)
- @MorelandHall @glentodd really awesome – always inspiring to see such things even if it takes me 10 times as. Long #CU11
- @rdlltt Follow Thursday – follow @glentodd right now as he builds an #NFP #wordpress sight live in front of the #cu11 audience in 45 minutes
- @frbooks @GlenTodd looks like an exciting presso. Building a wp site in 45 mins. Clock is ticking. #cu11 #cuwp.
- @HelloBenTeoh @sarahboyd002 likewise Sarah. What were your #CU11 highlights? I really enjoyed the food… haha. @ntenhross @heathr & @glentodd were great.
- @WCH_Foundation Thanks for follows from #CU11 – @glentodd Melbourne – astonishing WordPress session & @headspace_aus – for showing how Social is done!